Confession time:
1. I forgot I actually had this blog account.
2. Marci Darling is entirely responsible for my reemergence in the blogging world.
3. This blog will hereby be devoted to relating the ridiculous stories I encounter in my life working as an intern and OASIS (after-school program) teacher. There should be plenty to share.
Story time:
1. One sweet, sweet child came to counseling with gigantic tears welling in his eyes. He cried for fifteen minutes because his dog died. His dog that he knew for one week before it was killed. Four years ago.
2. One day, I watched two different children in the same classroom lick their respective desks for the entirety of the 45-minute class period. Disgusting. They are responsible for swine flu.
3. 4th and 5th graders are the devil. If you are a 4th or 5th grader, by all means, take offense. You are the devil. I know three real-life mean girls. I know what it means to be "sassed"; it has happened to me. (It is infuriating.) Today, I watched a boy argue for 10 minutes whether he had interfered with a pass in a fake football game.
4. Children are very sweaty. I never noticed this before, but it is quite repulsive. They all sweat, and they all sweat profusely. It's a problem.
5. Quote of the day: "The more hurt you get, the more money you get." (In reference to some apparent pay-out she received after nearly losing her fingertip at the courthouse.)
All for now. Hopefully I'll be rife with hilarious stories in the days to come. TTFN.
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment