I do have an excellent quote from my crazy school children today, but first, I must brag on myself. I just figured out how to bluetooth songs from my computer's music library to my phone. I am in Heaven. I changed all my ringtones, and-I must say-I have the most eclectic and awesome ringtone playlist. I am loving it.
1. Wagon Wheel by Old Crow Medicine Show. This belongs to Katie, because we like to scream out the harmonies on road trips. Love it.
2. When Did Your Heart Go Missing by Rooney. I think this belongs to Val. (Not sure why. She has a heart.) Rooney is one of the coolest bands I know. If The Beatles had come on the scene in 2000 or later, I think they would be Rooney.
3. You're The Only One by Maria Mena. Slightly inappropriate. Absolutely fabulous. I have mad love for Maria Mena. And P.S. this is how my last and forever relationship should be.
4. Pumpkin Soup by Kate Nash. This belongs to Jonathan... After Katy Perry and Maria Mena, Kate Nash is my voice crush.
5. I Know by Save Ferris. 10 Things. Need I say more?
6. Don't Let It Go To Your Head by Fefe Dobson. Fefe Dobson is fierce. And, she changes her image with every song and music video. Watch the video for this song and tell me you don't love it.
7. Modern Nature by Sondre Lerche and Lillian Samdal. This song is actually from Dan in Real Life. Nearly every song on that soundtrack belongs to Sondre Lerche. And, it is brilliant.
8. FNT by Semisonic. Best song on the 10 Things soundtrack. Incidentally, it belongs to Marci. Because she is a fascinating new thing. Oh, and it's the name of her blog. :)
9. Best for last, Crazy Kinda Crush on You by Nicholas Jonas. No, you're not mistaken, that would be Nick Jonas of Jonas Brothers. Yes, he is prepubescent and sounds like a young girl. Which makes it even better. This gem belongs to my sister.
Now then, story time.
1. Mr. Hooks was reading the book The Recess Queen, the classic change-of-heart bully scenario. When "Mean Jean" is challenged, Mr. Hooks asked, "How do you think Mean Jean is going to feel?" Without pause and certainly without cognitive thought, a spunky little first grade boy jumped up and shouted, "She's going to feel out-dazzling BOOTY!"
2. Our school is ground zero of Swine Flu. And, it's no wonder, what with all the desk lickers and nose pickers. So, one of my after-school kids was wearing one of those rubber, gummy bracelets. She'd worn it all day. Touched countless of germ-infested desks and Lord knows what else. So, when she walks up to me, her bracelet is missing from her arm. Then, she smiles at me, and she has the bracelet folded up in her mouth almost like a retainer. Disgusting. So I threaten her with the same fate I do all the other disgusting little babies: "Get that out of you mouth! You just got SWINE FLU!"
Just another day in the life.
P.S. I went to Bath & Body Works for retail therapy today. Well, well worth it. Their new fall line is, in a word, scrumptious. My house smells like warm gingerbread and homemade vanilla ice cream. Yes, it is as amazing as it sounds.
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment