Since I always forget about my blog, I thought I should update again. Just a small snippet for now. Today I was a 6th grade science teacher at the local middle school. In this school, the kids use their planners like a hall pass. They write the time and destination, and then must get the teacher to sign. I had signed a few planners during the morning, but around lunch time, I had several kids approach me one after another. They would shove a planner in my face and ask, "Sign this, please?" At one point, I got tickled because I imagined that must be what celebrities feel like. So, for the rest of the day, when kids would hand me their planners, I signed with a flourish and a wicked cool grin that said this is the coolest thing that has happened to you today. I think they just thought I was crazy.
Also, I hear from Teach for America on Tuesday! I'll be able to login and see whether I've advanced to either the phone or final interview. I'm nervous! I would lovelovelove to be accepted. We'll see! Fingers crossed, prayers fervent...
Friday, February 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment