I am now (finally) registered and ready to be a substitute teacher. The only problem? It is impossible to find an available job on this system. I mean, really. I have nothing lined up in the foreseeable future. This could be a long (and hungry) semester...
In the meantime... I turned in my Teach for America application today! I am thrilled. Obviously, it is nice to have it off my back... But, more so, I'm just excited to be taking this step. I keep trying to ground myself and think reasonably. Last year, TFA received 35,000 applications. TFA hired only 4100 of those aforementioned applicants. Those numbers are daunting. I just feel... hopeful. I think I'm competitive in this race. My grades are quite nice, my letter of intent was-if I may be so bold-totally bangin', and I think I have those leadership qualities that TFA is seeking.
In less important news: I watched the Grammy's last night. That is one awards show I have never seen in its entirety until yesterday.
Update 1: Lady Gaga is a sociopath. And possibly a hermaphrodite. Saddest part of her existence? If she spent one-tenth of the effort she puts into this "character" into cleaning the crap off of her face and simply singing... She could be quite lovely and TALENTED. If she prefers to be a circus freak...so be it.
Update 2: Taylor Swift is an utterly wretched performer. I will give her some measure of credit: she writes her own lyrics and plays her own instruments. (NOTE: I did NOT say that I enjoy her lyrics or that she is some sort of musical virtuoso.) I suppose my opinion is open to debate, but I was under the impression that musicians in today's world have to be able to sing well live. Does anyone else remember the Milli Vanilli Grammy debacle? And, that was years ago. I felt like Simon Cowell: "When people ask me what my nightmares look and sound like, I'm going to refer back to this performance." Poor Stevie Nicks.
Confession: When I heard that Taylor Swift broke one of her Grammy awards, I couldn't help but laugh. It seems that 2009 was Taylor's year. Let's leave it that way...
Monday, February 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment