Thursday, January 21, 2010

Inconsistency

Why I thought I could actually keep up with a blog while interning and working part-time is beyond me. Still, at least once a week, I would jot down ridiculous things that the kids would do or say. Perhaps I'll work on a post that combines all the quotes I have written in my notebook from my entire internship.

I am horribly inconsistent when it comes to blogging. Or journaling. Which is basically all blogging is anyway. I just run out of things to say about myself. It feels a bit narcissistic to broadcast my daily comings and goings to this cyber world as though my actions are important enough to demand attention and international access. Besides that, I get bored. However, since I am a post-graduate in limbo before my substitute teaching gig picks up, I've decided to revive my blogging habits.

This morning, when I woke up, rain was pounding on my roof in sheets, and I could hear the wind whipping around the corners of my trailer, through the tree that stands outside my window. It was so delicious. So, I went back to sleep. That is a priceless luxury. I didn't get out of bed until nearly noon. Though I have been feeling a bit lazy lately-idle hands and all-today has been wonderfully enjoyable. So much so that I'm going to prolong this blissful, overcast enjoyment by catching up with my favorite serial killer, Dexter. Until next time...

No comments: